The Evidence You Will Need In A Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Lawsuit

If you were sickened by the toxic water at the Camp Lejeune military base, you may have the right to seek compensation. But it’s not guaranteed that you will win, even if you were actually made sick at the base. To support your claims you will need strong evidence.

Your attorney will work with you to develop this evidence and present a compelling claim for recovering compensation. Rueb Stoller Daniel is ready to go to work for you so you can receive the money you deserve.

Who Can File a Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Lawsuit?

For years, dangerous chemicals known as VOCs (volatile organic compounds) were allowed to leak into the water at Camp Lejeune. VOCs are highly toxic and have been linked to a number of cancers and other serious illnesses.

Servicemembers and others stationed or employed at the base came in contact with the water and became sick. By washing their hands, drinking, bathing, and cooking with the water, these victims came in contact with the VOCs.

You may be able to file a claim for damages if you:

You can also pursue legal action if you had a loved one die from exposure to Camp Lejeune’s water. The damages can cover medical expenses and a host of other losses stemming from the toxic water.

However, filing a claim isn’t as simple as it may sound. It is strongly advised that you retain an experienced attorney to help. Your lawyer will work to build your case for the most damages available under the law. And it starts with compiling the evidence that supports your argument.

Evidence You Will Need

To present your claim, you need the following evidence at a minimum.

Proof of When You Lived or Worked at Camp Lejeune

You will need proof you lived or worked at Camp Lejeune during the relevant time period. One useful document may be a DD Form 214. This is a servicemember’s official discharge document. It may contain details about when and where you served, including at Camp Lejeune.

There may also be residential records such as lease agreements. These can be used to help prove you or a loved one were present at the base.

Evidence of Your Disease or Condition

You need proof of a disease or condition that may be linked to toxic water at Camp Lejeune. The strongest form of evidence here will obviously be medical records. You should document not only your illness but the treatments you received.

So, for instance, your evidence could include:

  • Lab test results
  • MRIs, X-rays, and other imaging
  • Blood results
  • Prescribed medications
  • Medical bills
  • Doctors’ notes and other records

Any Other Evidence Linking Your Illness to Camp Lejeune

You may have special circumstances and, therefore, unique forms of evidence. For instance, you might have worked on the base through a contractor. If so, there could be additional forms of evidence linking your disease to the time you spent at Camp Lejeune.

Supporting the Needs and Rights of Those Injured at Camp Lejeune

Our attorneys will work with you to find out the various sorts of evidence you may have in your case. If needed, we will reach out to military offices and others to obtain documentation. Then, we will get to work building a case for the most amount of compensation available.

To get started on your Camp Lejeune contaminated water lawsuit, call Rueb Stoller Daniel today.